Friday, March 13, 2009

Motivation and Science

I'll be quite honest: The only thing that motivates me to do well in chem class is getting good grades. Well, that's not all, I guess, I also like to impress my peers (with whom I'm very competitive, even if we are friends) and as always, Mr. Grdinic. But it really is mostly grades. I don't really have a passion for any of the sciences that I've taken so far so I don't think I'll be majoring anywhere near that area, so the whole "learning" thing isn't what I'm focusing on.

No offence, Mr. G, but there definitely are some classes where I'm motivated by learning and...other things. Math, for example, is something I'm really interested in and a subject that I want to be part of my future. I also really enjoy history, obviously, not only because it's an interesting topic but because there are...other factors...which motivate me...to try...my best...and impress said other factors.

However, for the most part, the only factor that motivates me is grades and everything related (GPA, colleges, etc.) I wish it were different but it's really not. Too bad. It's still motivation enough to get pretty good grades so I'm happy.

3 comments:

  1. so btw i totally agree with you. although im not even motivated to use the proper grammar/capitalization and im totally only posting on peoples blogs to get a grade, thus, motivation for grades. yay me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH LOVEEE YOOOOOOOO


    son.
    yeah kay this isnt legit fshosho cuz i'm not in yer classface but whatevs.


    NEGHA LOVE YOA

    kjhfwioefjoawiefjo awief <--KEYBOARDSPAZZ

    ps we should comment on each others blogs regardless of the grd-doms law

    fsho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other factors? then why not chem? lol.
    And if it motivates you, why do they need more? It works = all i see as needed. He cant really make it like interesting if you dont like it, maybe others do. Glad you have some motivation though.

    ReplyDelete